Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Marina barrage

we were given a project... anything

so I drove to Marina Barrage at about early evening to try getting some great shots. Would really want to wait for magic hour but we had a dinner appointment and I had to be home early to get ready. As a mommy, I can't get off to do this often.. so this was my only available time.

The project needed a theme.. but I didn't really think through it... So when Ken asked me what is was, I was like "eh SPACE" keke *hantam only lar*

1) I was asked "what is this related to your theme?" me: " its the coverpage lar!!"
2) he didn't comment on this... so I think pass
3) He says this has no focal point.. I should have found something for the eyes to rest on.. which is true but then again what should the focal point be?

4) Nice dutch angle but should have crop it to a panorama
5) He didn't understood what I was trying to achieve.. but I didn't know how to achieve what I wanted. After much explaining, all I needed was to have a bigger aperture *duhz* so that my fingers will be clear and it will look like I'm pinching the wheel. Okie I admit my skills are not there yet to think of this... keke but now I know
6) Wanted to do frame within a frame.. but he feels that I should have blurred the circular frame and focus on the wheel instead of the other way round.. but I like it this way leh (so did my classmates lol)

7) 5 of us loved this but him! *argghh* he says there is something not right about the composition and a focal point will be great. But like nice right? Maybe I should have waited for a child to play in the fountain... but the photo may not look as serene as it should.
I learn alot from this project, coz it makes me think what we want from a certain location and shoot. From that plan we know mentally how we can approach certain objects.... eg we can do colours, faces, smiles, lovers etc. Then the collection of photos will be more happening than just nice photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment