Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chinatown

today was field trip to Chinatown

There was the downpour which kinda dampened the moods a little.. coz the rain didn't do any justice to the weather. Ken split us up into 2 groups to take our "version" of Chinatown.

We needed to capture the chinatown spirit but me and my "partner" didn't quite enjoy what was there. Mainly we felt we were too spoilt with our travels overseas to find something that will interest us haha. No Eiffel, no Big Ben... There wasn't a certain landmark that made Chinatown pop.(to us that is) But of course we were wrong as the streets were already iconic enough to make it "Chinatown"

after many wide angle shot.. this is my favourite. it has lead in lines with a angle view.. bringing the focal point to Pearl centre
We need to take one shot with our partner with something we considered as a landmark. So to us Chinatown MRT seems cool enough as it took them so long to finally decide to built a station there. This photo however has a very interesting angle shot with shophouses behind the subject, but one thing I fail to notice was that my partner's head was hitting on the signage... haha. That is a grave mistake.. never allow your subject to bump/hit on something, at all parts of his body.

I took a fair bit of photos but where not pleased with them. This time round, Ken brought us out.. which was great as he was there to guide us. No longer lost like just now.

He brought us to the temple and wanted us to explore taking with the red doors of the temple. Loved this part cause I didn't see the doors as something so darn interesting to take!!!! love my photos btw...


He guided us through the few streets to show us how to do great compositions and how to take nice portraits with the landmarks. I didn't take any of those that he shared coz its in my head. Me however will try out another day and blog it down. Here are a few of things he mention that I casually took down just to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment